Rogue Elk Hotel

Lobby Art

Built in 1916, the Rogue Elk Hotel faced the famous Rogue River of Southwest Oregon. It was named after a nearby tributary (Elk Creek), and was host to President Herbert Hoover. The Rogue Elk was designed by Medford architect, Charles Power, and it was constructed by Canadian artist W.G. Will Macdonald and his brothers (who intended to fill the hotel with a hodge-podge of his artwork, still present in the hotel today).

13 Photos | View as slideshow >


Original Light Fixture Top of Stairs Reading Room Rogue Elk Hotel Lounge Oil Painting Lobby Staircase Rogue Elk Hotel Room West Wing West Wing Room Dining Room Rogue Elk Hotel Suite Lobby Art Front Facade
 
  • Archives